At St. Pantelejmon Medical Centre we give psychological consultations which are not covered by the National Health Insurance. For this reason, they are paid by the patient or their employer (for cases where subscribers have this service included in their package).
Psychological consultation, different from psychiatric treatment, does not use medication. Depending on the type of a client’s problem, it may involve components of various psychotherapeutic approaches – psychoanalytical, cognitive behavioural, systematic etc.
Psychological consultation, unlike psychotherapy, is characterised by relatively short tems and intensity. It hepls to improve personal potential for coping with problem situations such as interpersonal relations crisis, presonality crisis, loss, dealing with change, anxiety and depressive disorders etc.
Psychotherapy is characterised by harder and systematic work with clients, due to the presence of a more serious problem or condition. When the condition is related to a psychic disorder or has been in existence for a long time, the customer is involved in long-term care aiming at thouroughly addressing the problem.
The working model of the psychologists at St. Panteleymon Medical Centre is biopsychosocial and other medical and/or supporting specialists are involved if necessary. Work with the client is both on an individual level (values, attitudes,projections, development of self-reflection, self-assessment) and the level of their environment and context where the the problem or condition has been existing, developing and progressing.
The psychologists giving consultations at our centre can boast a long career and have specialized in working with different age groups.
Both children psychologists and psychologists working with adults give consultations at our centre. Each of them is experienced in diagnosing, treating and rehabilitation of clients with various psychlogical problems.
MAIN SERVICES WE OFFER:
– Individual psychological consultations for children/ adolescents and adults (in Bulgarian and English);
– Individual psychotherapy for children/ adolescents and adults (in Bulgarian and English);
– Individual and group consultations in crisis situations;
– Individual and group consultations in the field of occupational and organizational psychology;
– Family consultations.
Our specialists are of different profiles and can address a wide range of problems related to personal development and psychological functioning including:
– Cognitive processes impairment (concentration, memory);
– Sleep disorders;
– Communication disorders;
– Stress-related conditions;
– Anxiety/ depressive conditions;
– Psychosomatic diseases;
– Developmental disorders – learning disorders, autism spectrum disorders etc.
– Degenerative brain disorders – dimentia;
– Emotional behavioural disorders;
– Personality disorders;
– Affective disorders;
– Panic disorders;
– Obsessive compulsive disorders;
– Post traumatic stress disorders;
– Eating disorders;
– Alcohol and drug abuse;
– Compulsive gambling.
To make an appointment with our psychologists, call 0700-17-012.