At the OB/GYN examination rooms at St. Panteleymon Medical Centre you will be given consultations upon a NHIF referral, paid consultations, as well as consultations for patients with additional health insurance.
The OB/GYN doctors at our medical centre are amongst the best and most experienced in Sofia.
Owing to their enormous experience and specializations over the years, combined with a variety of modern diagnostic equipment, they are able to perform high-quality examinations, diagnosing, consultations and treatment of different OB/GYN complaints and diseases.
The two OB/GYN exam rooms at St. Panteleymon Medical Centre offer a wide range of medical diagnostic and treatment procedures in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Specialized care aiming at screening, prevention and treatment of women’s health is taken by a highly-specialized team of professionals in the area. They collaborate closely with other specialists on women’s health issues.
IN THE FIELD OF OB/GYN WE PERFORM:
Pregnancy monitoring (Women’s consultation)
Highly-specialized ultrasound diagnosics of early and advanced pregnancy as following:
– Fetal morphology scan in the first trimester, biochemical screening for genetic abnormalities;
– Preeclampsia and premature cervical pathology screening;
– Advice and therapy in cases of high-risk pregnancy – medical history of spontaneous abortions, thrombophilia, diabetes, hypertonia;
– Fetal morphology scan in the second and third trimester;
– 3D and 4D Ultrasound;
– Fetal ultrasound report – a fetal nonstress test and analysis;
– Laboratory tests;
– Consultations with other specialists in cases of accompanying diseases during pregnancy – endocrinologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, urologist etc;
– Consultative examinations, advising and collaboration with the leading OB/ GYN “Maichin Dom “ hospital – if necessary, hospitalization and hospital treatment.
– OB/GYN examinations;
– Pelvic ultrasound of uterus and ovaries;
– Microbiology test of vaginal fluid of women, treatment schemes;
– Pap smear tests aiming at cervical cancer prevention;
– Additional tests for cervical health – HPV typing and highly specialized tests;
– Colposcopy and video colposcopy with a video recording of procedures allowing visualization for the patient;
– Cervical biopsy during colposcopy;
– Treatment of cervical pre-cancer conditions by diatermocoagulation and LLETZ excision under anaesthetic;
– Treatment of condylomes and alternative methods;
– Endometrial ablation/uterine curettage;
– Endometrial biopsy;
– Diagnosis and treatment schemes of ovarian cysts, polycystic ovary syndrome, mioma;
– Prevention of unwanted pregnancy – hormonal contraception, intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUD);
– Termination of pregnancy – Karman, vacuum aspiration under anaesthetic, medical abortion ( the “abortion pill”);
– Vaginal pessaries in vaginal/ uterine prolapse (descensus).
Treatment of vaginal infections and sexually transmitted diseases;
– Bacterial vaginosis;
– Complications arising from untreated infections;
– Treatment of urological and vaginal infections consulted by an urologist;
– Consultations and hormonal replacement therapy in menopause, treatment alternatives;
– Testing, consultation and treatment of osteopenia and osteoporosis;
– Family planning and psychologist consultations;
– Breast diseases;
– Pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
Diagnostics and treatment of infertility:
– Examinations and consultations for patients with sterility and reproductive problems;
– Menstrual cycle disorders.
To make an appointment with an OB/GYN doctor in Sofia, call 0700-17-012.