The gastroenterologists at St. Panteleymon Medical Centre give medical examinations and consultations to patients with a NHIF refferal (National Health Insurance Fund), paid consultations or consultations to additionally health insured patients.
The doctors working with us are amongst the top gastroenterologists in Sofia. All of them maintain their knowledge and skills in the field by attending specializations, congresses and seminars so as to keep informed about the latest achievements in the area of gastroenterology.
The doctors working at our centre provide some of the best diagnosis and treatment of various gastroenterological complaints and problems.
It is highly reccommended to consult a gastroenterologist if you have any of the symptoms listed below:
– Abdominal pain;
– Acid reflux;
– Constipation or diarrhea;
– Rectal bleeding.
Main problems, diagnosed and treated by our specialists:
-We perform diagnostic and therapeutic upper endoscopy(gastroscopy) and lower endoscopy (colonoscopy) – video gastroduodenoscopy, video sigmoidoscopy.
– We rule out diagnosis by ultrasound and Doppler ultrasound of all abdominal organs – abdominal ultrasound;
: Bile ducts;
: Prostate gland;
Diagnosis and treatment:
– Upper gastrointestinal tract disorders;
: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD);
: Gluten-sensitive enteropathy – also known as celiac disease;
– We perform ultrasound- guided interventional procedures;
– Gastrointestinal diseases;
: Large intestine diseases – polyps;
: Inflammatory bowel disease – colitis, Crohn’s disease;
: Functional disorders;
: Benign large intestine diseases – diverticulosis.
– Diagnosis and treatment of liver disease;
: Chronic hepatitis – viral;
: Autoimmune liver disease;
: Complications of cirrhosis;
: Viral hepatitis treatment;
– We diagnose and treat
: Gastrointestinal tumours;
: Stomach (gastric) and duodenal ulcer;
: Gallbladder stones.
Commonly performed procedures:
– Removal of polyps of the large intestine by means of an endoscope (polypectomy);
– Removal of benign neoplasms – stomach and large intestine polyps.
To make an appointment with a gastroenterologist specialist, call us on 0700-17-012.