At St. Panteleymon Medical Centre we give consultations upon a refferal by the National Health Insurance Fund( NHIF), paid consultations or consultations to additionally health insured patients.
The cardiologists working at our centre are among the most experienced and best cardiology specialists in Sofia.
All of them can boast great experience in diagnosing and treatment of various cardiological diseases in children, men and women.
Procedures performed by our cardiology specialists:
– Prevention and treatment of cardio vascular diseases (CVD).
– Rendering advice related to change of lifestyle and therapies for primary and secondary CVD prevention. ( estimating a 10 year risk of a serious cardiovascular disease, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of cholestrol metabolism).
– Preoperation consultations for high-risk patients /patients with IHD, patients who have suffered myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism etc./ If necessary, introducing medication therapy to prevent cardio vascular diseases (CVD), guidance for patients on anticoagulation therapy/.
– Diagnosis of arthery hypertension by 24 hour holter RR (blood pressure) monitoring.
– Diagnosis of rhythm and conduction disorders (bradyarrhythmias, tachiarrythmias), defining of therapy and evaluating the necessity for an interventional treatment (pacemaker insertion, performing an ablation).
– Echocardiography- a reliable non- invasive method to define/ evaluate heart function in cases of cardiac insufficiency (heart failure), ischemic heart disease, pulmonary embolism, heart valve problems, aortic diseases etc.
– Performing a 24 hour Holter ECG – a reliable method for detecting rhythm and conductivity abnormalities.
– Performing a stress test on a veloergometer – a valuable non-invasive method to define physical capacity, forms of ischemic heart disease, unmasking arterial hypertension, provoking rhythm and conductivity disorders.
– Laboratory diagnosis: a lipid profile evaluation (evaluating necessity to start a lipid-lowering therapy, diagnostic markers of myocardial infarction etc.
To make an appointment with a cardiologist at our centre, call 02/81 55 340 or 0700-17-012 .